Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Player Mode: Interview with D.I.V.

 
 
What I've decided to do to draw more attention to my projects and this blog is to do interviews with artists and for my first interview for the segment titled "2 Player Mode" I would like to introduce you to D.I.V.!  I've been receiving his music through the Giant Blast e-mail blasts and I was certainly impressed by his singles, mixtape and videos!   Read up on this artist below....
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster:  You have a very hot mixtape out right now, The Vision’s The Foundation presented by The Legendary Ron G., what project do you plan to release after this mixtape? 
D.I.V.:  I am going to release the Official Video for U C Me, as well as drop a few other singles with videos. I am currently working on the So O.D. project with my partner Nuf Sed. It will be a duo release and it is a part 2 in our series together. I have also been working on a project to drop at the end of the year, which is going to be very special.
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster:  Now this blog combines music with gaming, do you play any video games at all, if so which ones do you play?
D.I.V.:  Yea, in between recording and mixing sessions, the homies and I definitely get into call of duty, street fighter, GTA and blitz. I personally love shooting games... I got a few of the modern warfare joints and I been playing GTA since the first one on Playstation 1. I am really just a social gamer, I don't commit my time to anything other than music. I love games like street fighter because i can just play a few rounds and get back to what I'm doing. Since I grew up playing Street Fighter, its dope to play now, kinda like a flash back.
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster: You play any video games coming up, if so which ones?
D.I.V.:   Call of Duty. Who wants to get thier face shot? lol Im really not too familiar with whats coming up, I just know Call of Duty is always coming out with new versions.
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster: Do you remember any Video Game having hot or interesting background music that sticks out in your mind?
D.I.V.:   Yea, definitely. Final Fantasy 7 always stuck out to me, i dont know why. Mortal Kombat for sure. Zombies Ate my Neighbors, Tetris, Super Mario Brothers of course... Zelda.
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster:  Would you ever consider submitting some of your music to some of these companies to have your tracks featured on a video game?
D.I.V.:  I have been considering this for a while... I would love to get into that. It would be a great look!
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster: Would you ever consider spitting over a video game sampled hip hop track?
D.I.V.:   Yea, definitely... I guess marios been done a few times before, but i would be down with that as long as the production was tight. I think its a dope way to catch ears.
 
 
DJ Mega Blaster:  What’s one thing you would like your fans to know about you that they may not know already?
D.I.V.: As a kid I used to aspire to be a video game designer around the time mortal Kombat and Primal Rage were out. I used to draw all the characters and write storylines for them and all that. I was even drawing fatalities and special moves lol.
 
DJ Mega Blaster:  Where can new listeners find your music?
D.I.V.:   http://www.destinyinvision.com.  Special shout out to DJ Megablaster, The Giant Blast and the listeners for supporting real music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment